Translate

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Black Eyed Peas Oaty Burgers




Do you ever freeze veggie burgers???  I usually freeze 6-7 burgers every time I make them because my husband doesn't like a lot of the veggie burgers I make (he doesn't like beans!!)  When I had one of these burgers the first night I made them, I thought these burgers were my favorite burger so far.  When I made a Refried Beans and Quinoa Burger ,  I really wasn't sure about them.  BUT....after eating each of them again after being frozen, I now like the Refried Bean/Quinoa burger better than these.  It is interesting how freezing the veggie burgers changes their flavor - at least I think it does.







Ingredients:
1 can black eyed peas, drained and rinsed
1 small onion, chopped
1 tsp minced jar garlic
1/2 Tbsp  Bragg Liquid Aminos
1/2 tsp assorted chili peppers spice (I used   Nanami Togarashi   ) or use 1/4 tsp tabasco sauce and 1/2 tsp chili powder
1 can corn, drained
1/4 tsp cumin
1 Tbsp dried cilantro
3/4 cup Quaker old fashioned oats
2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast Flakes 
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped
1/4 cup Wheat Gluten (or use more oats)
2 heaping Tbsp peanut butter

Directions:
In a bowl, mash the black eyed peas to desired texture.  I really did not do much mashing !!!  I kept them pretty much whole.  Mix in all the rest of the ingredients.

Form into patties and cook.  I cook them on my   Cuisinart 5-in-1 Griddler for about 20 minutes.  If you want to bake them in the oven, bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes.


Estimated Nutritional Value per burger based on 8 burgers:  Calories 166, Total Fat 3.7g, Cholesterol 0mg,  Sodium 201mg, Carbs 27.1g, Fiber 4.8g, Sugars 2.7g, Protein 12.1g

     

But if we confess our sins to God, he can always be trusted to forgive us and take our sins away.
1 John 1:9 (CEV)

No comments :

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!