Translate

Monday, October 8, 2012

Bulgur Burgers



There are a lot of firsts this week !!!!  This is the first vegan burger  recipe I have made that my husband actually likes !!!!  I have made TONS of veggie burgers, but he didn't like any of them.  I was SOOO happy when he actually liked these and said he would eat them again !!!!!





Ingredients:
1-1/2 cup Bulgur Wheat , toasted
3 cups water
--------
1/4 cup bell pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
2 tsp jar minced garlic
1 4-oz can of mushrooms (I chop them up fine in a blender)
--------
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp thyme
1 tsp coriander
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
1 tsp basil
2 Tbsp tomato paste
1 Tbsp  Bragg Liquid Aminos
3/4 cup cooked mashed sweet potatoes
--------
2 Tbsp flour
1 cup bread crumbs

Directions:
Toast bulgur over medium heat until it is lightly browned, stirring constantly.  Then add the water to the bulgur and simmer until the liquid is absorbed.  

Meanwhile sauté the veggies until they are soft.  I sauté the veggies in some water instead of oil.

When the bulgur and veggies are done, remove from heat and add in the sweet potatoes, tomato paste, liquid amino and all spices.   Mix well.  Then add in the flour and bread crumbs.   Mix until well combined. 

Form into patties and cook.  I cooked them on my   Cuisinart 5-in-1 Griddler for about 20 minutes.  If you want to bake them in the oven, bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.


Estimated Nutritional Value based on 8 servings:  Calories 191, Carbs 41.5g, Protein 10.2g, Cholesterol 0mg, Sodium 183mg, Fiber 6.8g, Sugars 3.5g, Total Fat 1.3g


You have looked deep into my heart, Lord, and you know all about me.
Psalm 139:1 (CEV)


2 comments :

  1. So glad that I found this website! My husband and I are on the Daniel Fast, so I was looking for some tasty recipes. These burgers turned out great! The only substitution that I made was that I used cumin instead of the coriander.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU !!! I am SOOOO glad that you liked them !!! I also am SOOOO glad that you found my website !!! I hope you and your husband enjoy more of the recipes !!!

      Delete

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!