Translate

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Chocolate Peanut Butter Raisin Bran Muffin - Wheat Flour




I thought these were DELICIOUS - as did my taste testers.  I liked the raisins from the cereal.  I did not get the peanut butter mixed in really good, so I had peanut butter swirls in my muffins - that was SOOOO good !!!! 

Adapted from this recipe.


Ingredients:
1 and 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (I use Bob's Red Mill Whole Wheat Flour )
1 and 1/4 cups Raisin Bran cereal
1/4 cup Hershey's Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup Sucanat   (or brown sugar)
2 Tbsp Ground Flaxseed
1 and 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cardamom
1 and 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
--------
1/3 cup peanut butter
2 large very ripe bananas, mashed
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp molasses
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk 

Directions:
Mix the peanut butter, bananas, vanilla, molasses, applesauce, and almond milk in one bowl. 

Mix the dry ingredients in another bowl.    

Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened.  

Pour into muffin pan.   Bake at 350 degrees for about 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. 

I like using the silicone bakeware for my muffins.  The muffins  come out so easily and I don't need to grease the pan.  My favorites are:   Casabella Silicone Standard Muffin Pan,Casabella Silicone Large Muffin Pan, Casabella Jumbo Muffin Cups.

The OXO Large Scoop is GREAT for scooping out batter into the muffin pan.  It is MUCH neater than when I used a spoon to scoop the batter into the pan - I no longer get batter all over the muffin pan !!!

Estimated Nutritional Value per muffin based on 12 muffins:  Calories  177, Total Fat  4.7g, Cholesterol 0mg,  Sodium 177mg, Carbs 31.4g, Fiber 3.5g, Sugars 11g, Protein  4.8g


This truth gives them confidence that they have eternal life, which God - who does not lie - promised them before the world began.
Titus 1:2  (NLT)


2 comments :

  1. Love the minimal use of sugar in these. I do love the combination of raisins and chocolate - will give these a try for sure :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sandy !!! Yeah - I try not to put any more than 1/4 cup of sugar in my muffins. YES - chocolate and raisins are GOOD together !!!!! Hope you like them !!!!! THANKS for taking your time to comment !!!!! - Denise

      Delete

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!