Translate

Monday, August 11, 2014

Molasses Coconut Oat Peanut Butter Balls (GF)




These have a crunch from the corn flakes and a strong peanut butter  flavor.  All my taste testers LOVED these....they thought they were delicious.  Two of my taste testers thought these tasted like peanut butter cups !!!!

Comments from my taste testers:  LOVE the peanut butter flavor, along with the chocolate flavor.  Like the crunch from the corn flakes (nice texture to the balls).   Of course like the coconut in the balls. 

My dad, aunt and niece all LOVED these balls also.  Everyone has liked the crunch and texture of the cereal in the balls.

Adapted from this recipe.




Ingredients:
3 Tbsp molasses
3/4 to 1 cup oats (I used Bob's Red Mill Scottish Oatmeal )
3/4 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut  (I use Bob's Red Mill)
1 cup natural peanut butter
3/4 cup corn flakes cereal, crushed
--------
1 cup chopped dates 
3 Tbsp almond milk

Directions:
Blend dates and almond milk in blender until desired texture.  I keep some date chunks left - it gives the balls a chewier texture.

Then combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix together.

Form into balls and put in freezer to firm up.  Each day these balls tend to get more flavorful.  I actually stored them in the freezer.  

I've started using the  Farberware Cookie Scoop for forming the snack balls, instead of using my hands.  It is not as messy and the balls are a more uniform size.


My favorite food processor is the KitchenAid  7-Cup Food Processor

For blenders, I use both the  Vitamix Blender and Ninja Master Prep Professional Blender


Estimated Nutritional Value per ball based on  40 balls:  Calories  79, Total Fat 4.5g, Cholesterol 0mg,  Sodium 8mg, Carbs 7.9g, Fiber 1.2g, Sugars 4.2g, Protein 2.5g


so that it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me.  This life that I live now, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave his life for me.
Galatians 2:20 (GNT)

No comments :

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!