Translate

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Gingerbread Muffins






This recipe was adapted from a recipe in a Betty Crocker Christmas Cookbook.  My "guinea pig" testers REALLY liked these muffins... and my husband LOVES these muffins and keeps requesting that I make them !!!!  AND.... my husband does not usually like muffins !!!!!








Ingredients:
2 cups wheat flour or Spelt Flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground allspice
--------
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup molasses
1/3 cup almond milk
2 medium to large very ripe bananas, mashed

Directions:
Mix brown sugar, molasses, almond milk and mashed bananas in one bowl. 

Mix the rest of the dry ingredients in another bowl.    

Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened.  

Pour into muffin pan and bake at 400 degrees for about 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  I only got 10 muffins because I was making them a little larger.

I like using the silicone bakeware for my muffins.  The muffins  come out so easily and I don't need to grease the pan.  My favorites are:   Casabella Silicone Standard Muffin PanCasabella Silicone Large Muffin Pan, Casabella Jumbo Muffin Cups.

The OXO Large Scoop  is GREAT for scooping out batter into the muffin pan.  It is MUCH neater than when I used a spoon to scoop the batter into the pan - I no longer get batter all over the muffin pan !!!


Estimated Nutritional Value per muffin based on 10 muffins:  Calories 193, Total Fat 2.3g, Cholesterol 0mg,  Sodium 73mg, Carbs 41.2g, Fiber1.6g, Sugars 15.8g, Protein 3g


For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.
John 3:16 (NLT)




No comments :

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!