Translate

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Granola Bars


I can't stop eating these bars...they are a softer granola bar, not hard and crunchy.  I love the taste of the coconut and the mini chocolate chips.

I used Quinoa Flakes instead of oats because I had some flakes I wanted to use.  BUT....I actually prefer oats in my bars instead of the quinoa flakes - but that is just my personal preference !

I also used vegan mini chocolate chips because that is what I happened to have.







Ingredients:
1 cup natural peanut butter
1 cup walnuts, chopped
1 cup Quaker old fashioned oats
1 cup  Unsweetened Shredded Coconut  (I use Bob's Red Mill)
1/4 cup Ground Flaxseed
1 cup vegan chocolate chips
1/2 cup Agave Nectar

Directions:
Mix everything together in a bowl. 

Press into an 8x8 pan and store in fridge.  Each day these bars tend to get more flavorful.


Estimated Nutritional Value per bar based on 16 bars:  Calories 300, Total Fat 20.5g, Cholesterol 2mg,  Sodium 14mg, Carbs 22.8g, Fiber 4g, Sugars 14.9g, Protein 9.4g


Teach me your ways, O Lord; make them known to me.
Psalm 25:4 (GNT)

No comments :

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!