Translate

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Daniel Fast Peanut Butter Oat Muffins



I filled the muffin pan REALLY full.... I filled each muffin "hole" as much as I could.  SO I only got 8 muffins instead of the normal 12. BUT...this resulted in bigger muffins, which I like better !!!

As with all Daniel Fast muffins, since you can not use baking powder or baking soda,  they do not rise like "regular" muffins - resulting in a denser muffin.

These are moist with a mild taste of peanut butter.



Ingredients:
1 cup Quaker old fashioned oats
1 cup Oat Flour
1 Tbsp Hershey's Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp garam marsala
--------
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce  
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk 
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
2 medium to large very ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup date syrup 
1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:
Mix applesauce, almond milk, peanut butter, mashed bananas, date syrup and vanilla extract in one bowl. 

Mix the dry ingredients in another bowl.    

Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened.  

Pour into muffin pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  

I like using the silicone bakeware for my muffins.  The muffins  come out so easily and I don't need to grease the pan.  My favorites are:   Casabella Silicone Standard Muffin PanCasabella Silicone Large Muffin Pan, Casabella Jumbo Muffin Cups.

The OXO Large Scoop  is GREAT for scooping out batter into the muffin pan.  It is MUCH neater than when I used a spoon to scoop the batter into the pan - I no longer get batter all over the muffin pan !!!

Estimated Nutritional Value per muffin based on 8 muffins:  Calories 250, Total Fat 9.8g, Cholesterol 0mg,  Sodium 16mg, Carbs 34.8g, Fiber 4.4g, Sugars 12.8g, Protein 9.4g

Forgive the sins and errors of my youth.  In your constant love and goodness, remember me, Lord !
Psalm 25:7 (GNT)

2 comments :

  1. Doesn't most vanilla extract include alcohol? Or do you figure it burns off during baking? Also, if cocoa has caffeine and goes through a fermentation process during manufacture, wouldn't both those items be restricted for the Daniel Fast? This is my first time, so I do not want to mistakenly use something I am consciously trying to avoid. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melody,
      THANKS for your comment/questions.

      Vanilla contains a small amount of alcohol but vanilla is not used for the same purposes as to why Daniel didn’t drink wine.

      Unsweetened cocoa powder is one of the controversial areas - unsweetened cocoa powder would be fine in recipes, but it does contain caffeine, which is not allowed on the Daniel Fast.

      I hope this helps !! - Denise

      Delete

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!