Translate

Friday, February 15, 2013

Daniel Fast Chocolate Pumpkin Raisin Muffins



I filled the muffin pan REALLY full.... I filled each muffin "hole" as much as I could.  SO I only got 8 muffins instead of the normal 12. BUT...this resulted in bigger muffins, which I like better !!!

As with all Daniel Fast muffins, since you can not use baking powder or baking soda,  they do not rise like "regular" muffins - resulting in a denser muffin.


Ingredients:
1 cup Quaker old fashioned oats
1 cup Oat Flour
1/2 cup raisins
2 Tbsp Hershey's Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
--------
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 medium to large very ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup date syrup 
1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:

Mix pumpkin puree, applesauce, mashed bananas, date syrup and vanilla extract in one bowl. 

Mix the dry ingredients in another bowl.    


Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened.  


Pour into muffin pan and bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. 


I like using the silicone bakeware for my muffins.  The muffins  come out so easily and I don't need to grease the pan.  My favorites are:   Casabella Silicone Standard Muffin PanCasabella Silicone Large Muffin Pan, Casabella Jumbo Muffin Cups. 


The OXO Large Scoop  is GREAT for scooping out batter into the muffin pan.  It is MUCH neater than when I used a spoon to scoop the batter into the pan - I no longer get batter all over the muffin pan !!!


Estimated Nutritional Value per muffin based on 8 muffins:  Calories 185, Total Fat 1.9g, Cholesterol 0mg,  Sodium 4mg, Carbs 41.3g, Fiber 4.8g, Sugars 17.5g, Protein 5.1g


Remember, O Lord, your kindness and constant love which you have shown from long ago.

Psalm 25:6 (GNT)

No comments :

Post a Comment

THANKS for visiting Pink-Vegan Blog and leaving a comment !!!! Your comments are appreciated !!!!